Hickory Creek Winery is a small production winery featuring classic, refined European style wines made from locally grown grapes. We expertly craft every bottle of wine to highlight our terroir’s distinct characteristics, and to provide a beautiful complement to your meal. Our wines are hand-crafted from vine to label.
- Our fruit is selected and harvested based on flavors; not numbers.
- All small lot fermentation.
- We age our wines in French oak barrels and steel tanks.
- Individual lots are kept separate until final blending.
- Current offerings in our tasting room include: Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Zero Oak Chardonnay, Semi-Dry Riesling, Gentil (Riesling blend), Semi-Dry Apple Wine, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Mélange (Bordeaux style blend), Semi-Dry Rouge Doux and our Laughing Labs Red. Newly released: Laughing Labs Pink and Laughing Labs White!!
LATEST NEWSSeptember 26, 2016
Our Favorite Time of the Year
Harvest! After two years of the polar vortex brutalizing vulnerable European Vinifera – which contributes to all our wines (except Apple) – we are finally able to refill our tanks. We have plenty of reds aging in our French oak barrels from years ago, but the whites are selling out. It will be good to be back on track in 2017 with wine production.
If you haven’t visited lately, you probably haven’t met our newest “Laughing Lab” Oso – who came to us by way of Chicago Canine Rescue. He has inspired our newest wine – Laughing Labs Pink. Is is a semi-dry rosé that has become a favorite. We now offer 3 varieties of Laughing Labs to those fans of slightly sweet, playful wines. A large percentage of the proceeds support both Chicago Canine Rescue as well as our local Southwestern Michigan Humane Society.
Wine club members, mark your calendar for our semi-annual pick up party scheduled for Sunday November 20th. Just in time to stock up for Thanksgiving! We will again provide snacks and special offerings in the upstairs private members’ lounge. This time, we’ve decided to release some of our library wines we’ve been keeping as our private stash. We can only drink so much after all!! This includes past vintages of Gewürtraminer, Pinot Gris, Semi-Dry Riesling, Chardonnay, Cab Franc, Merlot, Syrah and even Mèlange!
We are looking forward to taking some time off to tour the Bordeaux and Champagne regions of France later this season. Hoping to gain some inspiration for our wine making as well as enjoy tasting some beautiful wines at the source. It’s been a long while since we’ve taken time away, but to every thing, there is a season. For us, post harvest means travel!
Cheers to Autumn, harvest, and all it’s bounty~