Hickory Creek Winery is a small production winery featuring classic, refined European style wines made from locally grown grapes. We expertly craft every bottle of wine to highlight our terroir’s distinct characteristics, and to provide a beautiful complement to your meal. Our wines are hand-crafted from vine to label.
- Our fruit is selected and harvested based on flavors; not numbers.
- All small lot fermentation.
- We age our wines in French oak barrels and steel tanks.
- Individual lots are kept separate until final blending.
- Current offerings in our tasting room include: Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Zero Oak Chardonnay, Semi-Dry Riesling, Gentil (Riesling blend), Semi-Dry Apple Wine, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Mélange (Bordeaux style blend), Semi-Dry Rouge Doux and our Laughing Labs Red. Newly released: Laughing Labs Pink and Laughing Labs White!!
LATEST NEWSJune 10, 2016
Spring Means New Releases!
Don’t think we sit around all winter twiddling our thumbs… we keep busy winemaking and bottling! We’ve got several new releases being offered in our tasting room, including our newest “Laughing Labs White” offering. We felt the need to create something new in memory of our sweet lab Kia who passed away in January It’s the perfect summertime refresher that can be enjoyed on it’s own, or mixed with cold sparkling water on ice as a spritzer!
Also newly released:
- ’13 Chardonnay aged in French Oak is a nice middle ground between our Zero Oak Chard and oakier ’12 Chard. Come try a vertical tasting!
- ’15 Cab Franc Rosé (almost sold out) – called “Nancee’s Cuvée” after our winery’s #1 fan of Rosé. Nancee favors the Provençal style rosé, and winemaker Eric has managed to craft a rosé from local Cab Franc grapes that’s very similar. Very light salmon color and sure to spirit you away to the south of France!
- ’11 Merlot – We’ve received many compliments on this underrated grape. It grows beautifully here in our AVA and we’ve created an old world style Merlot that’s lush and soft bodied. Perfect accompaniment to summertime meals…
- ’12 Bordeaux style Mèlange – a skillful blending on Cab Franc, Cab Sauv and Merlot. All locally sourced grapes too! Small production – we’re running low already. It’s fine to drink now, or cellar for future enjoyment.
We’re open daily through October! Hope to see you and hear your feedback on our creations – both new and old~
Eric & Jayne